Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back into the World of Freelance Writing - special offer for Warriors

Yes this blog post is a bit of an advertisement really for my writing services, but hopefully you will find it informational as well :)

Since I mentioned the other day that I was going back to work as a freelance writer for a while I have been spending time creating my Elance Profile (you can find that by searching for "BizyWriter") and looking for other avenues to promote my services. Unfortunately many of the bid sites for freelancers have been over-run by people prepared to work for ridiculously cheap rates and that makes it more difficult for people like myself to make a decent wage from our skills. If you are considering writing or freelancing in any other skill area and hope to make a regular income from doing so then you seriously need to work out the costs associated with working from home. These can include things like your internet connection, site fees, subscriptions, membership sites, utility accounts and even office space.

You also need to factor in the cost for your time. Now this is where many freelancers fall short - they fail to recognize how important their time is as an asset and will offer to write articles for a dollar a page and then wonder why they are still broke at the end of the week. Underpricing yourself is a classic way of getting burnt out and disillusioned with the whole working online process. If you are offering valuable services to paying clients then don't sell yourself short. You can find out more about this through my lenses on Squidoo - just look for "wisecrone333".

That said, I do offer a discount to Warrior Forum members. I was recently the recipient of a war room subscription from a warrior member and I think the forum as a whole does a lot of good for people who are genuinely trying to make money online - so for all of the warriors out there who might be interested in my writing services simply send me an email to bizywriter@gmail.com and put "Warrior Client" in the subject line. Let me know what type of writing you are looking for - ebooks, articles, blogs etc and I will get back to you with a quote for the work at a special discounted price.

To anybody else that is reading this and looking to work as a freelancer please check out my Squidoo lenses as mentioned above or if you have registered with a site like Elance and have not made any money then you might want to check out my super cheap little ebook on "Winning Work on Elance". Prospective clients feel free to drop me a line at the email address above and let me know the type of services you are looking for.


Have a great day
Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment