Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Freelancing is still the only given :)

Hi all,

Well after a lot of soul searching and weighing up the pros and cons, I have decided to put the internet marketing efforts on the back burner for a while, and focus on actually making money instead - i.e. through freelance writing.

Don't get me wrong, I am not giving up on the IM scene - I do know that many people make money online through selling their own, or other people's products, and I know it is possible for me to do the same - but I have been putting in a lot of hours with very little returns and as we move towards the last quarter of the year I need to be making some decent money. I have a huge family as many of you know and there are so many birthdays I have to buy for in the next three months, as well as hordes to buy for for Christmas, the money I make freelancing has always paid for those things in the past.

Actually I have had a couple of good ideas to make money online (aside from freelancing). For example out of the blue the other day I got a sale on a book I have listed at Lulu.com - you can view my storefront here and that led me to an "AHA" moment. I have a lot of material on my harddrive that would not take a lot to be formated for sale through Lulu.com and I figured if I use some of the tactics I have learned over the past six months in getting and driving traffic, then this would be a good way perhaps to get some sales of my own products.

Another thing I have decided to do is to create some mini-niche sites for some of the many domain names I have bought and not used. I can use affiliate products to sell on the site; articles from EZA to create content and outsource some more articles on keywords related to the niches concerned to help create some targeted traffic for that. That will give me a semi-automated system that will hopefully snowball over time into a nice regular income.

Finally I have come up with an idea for a forum membership site on religion - I am still trying to find a script for the site at the moment as paid forum scripts are not that common (at least for free) so if you can recommend one please let me know :)

So as you can see, none of this is actually that focused (which is something many IM's will tell you that you need to be) but hey, I am woman and I can multi-task. But for now I am off to create a new profile on Elance and see how I get on with getting some paid work as a provider on there. I will keep you posted on this and all of the ideas I have mentioned in this post.

Have a great day
Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment