Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 2 and 3 - what a disaster!!

Has that ever happened to you? When you have this fantastic idea - get all excited about it and then the crap hits the fan? Well that is what happened to me. You have to laugh, really :)

Despite my cool idea from the other day on GransInternetIncome I thought it would be a more sensible idea to try and get some income online in another way so that I could have the time to create my new product. So I was looking for affiliate marketing ideas and that type of thing.

I decided to put three different plans in place:-

1. I bought a set and forget system for the grand sum of $5

2. I decided to set up a niche site for a niche I was interested in (and so could better type up articles for it). I chose "saving your marriage" for that one and

3. I wanted to take steps to set up another niche site; but one I was going to build up some content on and make money over time (the residual aspect).

The set and forget system turned out to be about creating small sites - a landing page site; a couple of Squidoo lenses and some articles on the topic submitted to Ezinearticles .

Well I had most of that sort of thing already in place - on the niche topic of Ghost Hunting - I had two products of my own; I found another one I became an affiliate of in Clickbank.com ; I had two articles in ezinearticles already that had had some good traffic so I modified them and sent them through for resubmission and all I needed was my own site.

FIRST MAJOR LEARNING CURVE - When GoDaddy.com offers you free hosting with your domain purchase don't take it!!! I spent hours working on a site for my Ghost Hunting niche - saw that I had a free credit with GoDaddy for hosting - did not read the fine print. At 4.00am last night I was just about ready to smash my computer with a sledge hammer - I had uploaded my site four times through an ftp program and the pages weren't loading properly - Now did I mention I am a website newbie?? Perhaps I should have.

Anyway it was hubby that alerted me to the fact that the page was not loading properly was because I was sharing the page with a GoDaddy banner and page - should have known nothing is really free. If you are quick you can go and see what I mean if you type in http://www.canghostshurtyou.com - I am planning to upgrade to some paid hosting with GoDaddy in the next day or so, so try and get to it before I can (hopefully) make it look normal.

Thanks to all of the hassle I didn't get time to get to step number three. So I am off to read some interesting stuff on website flipping (although why I am reading it is beyond me given that I can't even get my first site to work) and then hit the hay.

Will be back on deck in the morning with a smile on my face and some renewed enthusiasm I think. Don't forget you can leave comments and your web links - perhaps you can show me how it should be done because I am willing to try anything especially if it is free.

Have fun
Lisa :)

No comments:

Post a Comment