Saturday, July 18, 2009

Day One: So how is this going to work?

Hello and welcome to Gran's internet income

I was having a shower last night when I had my "eureka" moment - much to my husband's dismay i went running through the house clutching my towel - still wet and dripping, hunting for a piece of paper so I could jot down my new domain name - GransInternetIncome.com. Within minutes I was on GoDaddy.com paying for my new domain and by the time I finally got to bed I couldn't sleep because of all the ideas that were flying around my head.

To understand this I should probably explain a bit more about myself. I am "Gran", also known as "wisecrone333" (check me out at Twitter.com). I am a mother, a writer, a new artist, grandmother (of course) and am now teaching myself internet marketing. I have been earning money online for more than ten years now, but I was "working" for that money through ghost writing for clients - a great job and one that did bring us in quite a bit of money, but not something that I wanted to do for ever.

I knew I had the know-how to write a book - I have written seventy of them for clients over the years, but what I wanted to do was to create some product of my own - I was tired of single paydays - I wanted a residual income. I had been spending months reading product after product after product on how to make money online through affiliate and internet marketing, but I still could not think of one niche, or USP (unique selling point) that would make my products stand out from the crowd. Until my shower last night that is.

So this is it - if you choose to follow me on this blog (and I do hope you do) I will outline what I am doing as I go through the writing of this new product, my efforts at marketing and what have you. I KNOW it is possible to make money online - I have been doing it for years - but this is a new venture for me and I am hoping that if you choose to follow me and what I am doing, then we might all be successful together.

Had better close off now - got some keyword research to do. Will be back again tomorrow. Don't forget to leave me comments and include links to your sites as I love to see what other people are doing.

Hugs
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment