Sunday, August 9, 2009

More about clicking for traffic and a new CONTEST

Hello again,

I have been giving a lot of thought to this whole idea of clicking for traffic - usually when I am clicking actually and I have to wonder at the effectiveness of it all. Let me explain.

When I get an email for "solo" ads (the ones you can click to generate credits for your own advertisements) I click on it and am told that I have to stay on the page for X number of seconds to receive the clicks. Well, when I started doing this I was very conscientious about this - I would open the page up fully and scan the headings etc through to the bottom of the page. I did that for about two days.

But then I have to confess boredom set in - so many of these ads are for the same sites - I don't know how many times I have been taken to the Leap Frog site for example, but as soon as I see the top header showing up I don't even bother to open up the browser page fully or even try and read it. I know the bloomin page almost word for word.

Now some of you (especially if you paid money to put that ad in front of my face) are probably thinking that I am being unfair - after all I am getting credits to do this. But think about it realistically. If the only people who are going to see your advertisement are people who are wanting to promote their own, then there is not going to be a lot of positive result for anybody.

Another thing I noticed today was that some of the pages that I am sent to don't even load fully (or in some cases even partially) before the second counter has finished and I have got my credits. Well I am not going to sit around waiting for a page to load fully when I still have about another twenty emails to click from - I am going to close the page. But how does this fit in with the current Internet Marketing tip which states that you should use video or audio instead of text on your squeeze pages? Videos and audio take a lot longer to load than text and smaller graphics - so how is anybody actually going to take the time to wait for the plug in to start?

But as I mentioned yesterday I am going to reserve judgement until I have had enough time to tweek the ads that I am sending enough times for this to be a fair experiment and I need a few more days for any traffic figures to come through.

BTW I am sooooo glad that I did use a new gmail address when I signed up for those safe lists I mentioned yesterday - after six hours while I was sleeping I had more than 300 emails in my inbox from them and I just checked it a moment ago and there is another 175 of them waiting to be read. - how can this possibly work unless you have the most captivating subject line in existence.

Actually that gives me an idea. I am going to start up a little contest - you tell me what is the most effective subject line that you can think of that would make you open up your email almost without fail. You can be as creative as you like but you are not to use things like "You have won money" "You have payment" and things like that because those subject lines are banned by free traffic sites anyway. Maybe you have already been using free traffic sites and have found one or more headline works better than others. If so share it in the comments section below. I will run this for a week, until Sunday 16th August and the prize will be a weeks coaching from my Real Work Real Money site or a free large advert to your site hosted on this blog and my website for a whole month. Tweet your friends and let them know about this too and let's see if we can get the creative juices flowing.

Well I must get on and go and place some more free ads. I did put up two new hub pages today so if you are interested in making money or ghosts check me out at HubPages - just look for wisecrone333.

Catch you tomorrow

Lisa

P.S. Have any of you joined the Birthday Bonus Club? Does it work?

No comments:

Post a Comment