Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Squidoo, HubPages and Aweber

Hi everyone,

What a day I have had today - Firstly I had a falling out with Squidoo - it wasn't intentional, I really quite like writing lenses, but I wrote one today about the fact that to make money on the internet you really needed to work at it. I was writing the lense to support and provide backlinks to my RealWorkRealMoney site. I was also hoping it would drive some traffic to the site as well.

I don't know if you are aware of this but Squidoo tightened up a lot of its rules lately - I can appreciate why they are doing it in that they want the site to be filled with quality content, not just rehashed material and thinly disguised advertisements. I spent at least an hour on the lense and was quite pleased with it but when I hit the Publish button, I got told that my lense was probably on the "not allowed list". I went back to try and edit it, without success so I have left it to be hand reviewed which apparently means someone will read it and decide if it has any valuable content in it at all.

Prior to this my lenses had been supporting another small site I have, Six Secrets to Winning Work on Elance. I had written four lenses for that site and all of them had been accepted and have been on the site for about a month. To be honest I could not work out why this one was any different, but I figured well I wanted to be able to publish somewhere where my links would be accepted in text so I decided to give HubPages a try. I copied and pasted the text from the Squidoo lense and managed to get a Hubpage up in about thirty minutes. I then figured why not go for broke and copied another new Squidoo lense of mine into Hubpages as well - you can check both of them out here and let me know what you think if you wouldn't mind.



And do you know what the really great thing is - my sites at HubPages were indexed by Google within 30 minutes - my Squidoo pages used to take longer than a week - I have to say I am really impressed at this stage, but of course the purpose of these pages is to drive traffic to my other sites so only time will tell if they are as effective as Squidoo in doing that.

You may have noticed something new on the site today - yes I have also conquered the world of autoresponders and have an account set up at Aweber.com . The little form on the right hand side of the form is the result of that - the only problem is that I decided to give away a free gift that had not been created yet so I spent the rest of the day writing it, lol. If you want to take a look at it you are more than welcome to sign up for it - let me know through the comments section if it doesn't come through.

That's about it for me today - I am going to talk more about traffic tomorrow because I really do think it is an important topic to discuss and a process to get right, so I will catch you then.


Remember comments and links are always appreciated
Best wishes
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment